Friday, October 12, 2007

Swinging




We bought a swing for the front porch. It's very relaxing to sit out there and watch the cows or just look out over the pasture. I'm not sure about this country living, but it is peaceful and enjoyable when I'm out there on that swing!


Fall is in the air. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 60s. It was great. I think all my years in the north has also made this southern living just a tad more difficult. I enjoy high 70's the most. I must say that this was a mild summer, though, here in Arkansas!


Rebekah has found out that she LOVES being outdoors. She is forever bringing me her shoes...a must now that a black widow walked right off the lawn and up to Nicholas while skinning a squirrel on the sidewalk (that's another story!). Anyway, she knows the word "outside" and we now have to spell it and be careful when saying it. If she hears that word she is at the door! I think she's a little country girl at heart ~ she doesn't care if the grass is still wet (hmmm maybe she got that from Aunt Michele!), whether or not she has shoes on and loves to pick up crickets and rocks!


4 comments:

Reba said...

What a sweet picture! I love sitting on the swings, though our view is not quite the same in our neighborhood! :) I am enjoying the fall weather. This is truly my favorite season in Arkansas...it just doesn't last long enough.
Reba

Pasha said...

We have been enjoying the outdoors this week as well! Isn't the fall glorious. I have been sleeping with the windows open. This does nothing for my allergies but being able to snuggle in the blankets and feel the cool breezes are sooooo worth it.

The Hauchs said...

I know what you two mean about this beautiful weather ~ and I too am overcoming my fear of spiders invading and have left our windows open at night too.

Michele said...

that's my girl! that green green grass feels so good between the toes! It could be worse you know! Bring her down here to splash in this big pond I have. love y'all, michele